Monday, January 21, 2008

Ottawa County- Military Discharge Records

When researching a individual from a particular area with a military record they often overlook the county records. Ottawa County is no exception to keeping military records.

The records are called the Solders Discharge Records and run from 1865-1912. These records are located on microfilm at the Bowling Green Archives. These records will include time served, unit number, war fought and often any injuries received. It will also mention the next of kin.

Be sure to check out these records for further information on your ancestors past.

No comments: